The Australian Fuchsia Society Inc.
PRIVACY OF INFORMATION STATEMENT
This privacy statement has been prepared in order to demonstrate the commitment of
the AFS Inc. to protect the personal privacy of its members.No superfluous Data Collection
The AFS aims to collect as little information as it can, only collecting the data which is necessary to maintain and improve its service to members.Collection of Personal Information
Information will be collected by means of registration or application for membership forms
provided to prospective members and current members.
Information will not be collected by the club without the member's consent.What personally identifiable information will be collected?
* Your name, address and telephone number, plus your email address (see Email Management)
.The period for which the information will be held
* For as long as you are a member of the club plus 1 year to allow for your late renewal
.The information collected may be used for the following purposes
* To send you the AFS Journal and other club information.
* To register you with the Australian Fuchsia Society Inc.Disclosure of personal information
* The AFS will not provide your information to any third party by way of gift, sale, or exchange.
* In the unlikely event of an investigation it will, however, provide information to a law
enforcement agency, if they have exercised a warrant for the inspection of its records.Security
The AFS uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to it secure.Accountability
The AFS offers members the opportunity to view all information that it maintains about them and to have any inaccuracies in this information corrected. It may ask for identification in the interest of security.Email Management
The AFS will record your email address on the premise that it will be used solely for society business, e.g. notices of functions/issues that occur between journals.
The AFS will not use your email address for any other purpose and will not disclose it without your consent.Accessing the AFS Website
'the AFS website' is defined as all the data contained in the pages and downloadable documents (such as those of .html, .php, .doc, .pdf, .gif, .jpg format) of The Australian Fuchsia Society Inc.
What we know about you when you visit our website
Visitors to our site should be aware that our Internet Service Provider makes a record of your visit and logs general information, but does not recognise or record any individual information about you.
The information recorded about each visit relates to:
• the address of your internet server and ISP
• what type of domain you are dialling in from eg .com.biz etc
• the referring web page you found us by when you visited us
• what pages were visited or information downloaded
• the date and time of your visit to the site
• your country, region, city, and time zone
• information about your browser and your Operating System
Visitors should also be aware that we also include Third Party counters on certain web pages that collect aggregate information on traffic to our websites, including from which country your request originated. These counters may place a cookie on your computer. This is done to provide us with summary information only about the most useful parts of our site, and total Visitor patterns.
This information is used for internal review only, and to improve the content of our website, as well as to provide you with better access. None of this information will be used to identify you unless requested by law enforcement officers with the correct documentation.Notification of Changes
If, at any time, you believe the AFS has not adhered to its stated policy, please contact us via the Secretary, in person, or by mail to our Postal Address:
PO Box 97 Kent Town South Australia 5071.